With our wide range of facilities MacDonald Island Park is able to provide the community with a variety of sport programs, leagues and camps. We have sports of all sorts for ages 3 and up!
The RRC has developed and implemented new risk reduction plans to allow for the safe operations of sport programs, in accordance with public health authorities. Here is an overview of what you can expect:
- All child sport programs for ages 3 to 5 are now parented.
- Changing rooms will not be available, so please come dressed for your activity
- Participants are asked arrive no more than 5-10 minutes before the program begins
- The viewing areas located on the 2nd level of the CNOOC Field Houses are temporarily unavailable
- Programs have been scheduled with 15 minutes in between to allow physical distancing between programs
- 50-person mini-leagues will be formed for sports, physical activity and recreation that involve physical interaction of participants at a distance of less than 2 metres.
Child Sport Programs
Young Hoops BasketballDo you want to shoot some hoops, learn how to dribble
or work on that crossover? Then you will love the Young
Hoops Basketball program! Not only will you get moving,
but you will also learn new skills and make new friends.
Ages 6-8 years old7001725Sun from Oct 04 to Dec 06 (10 Sessions)05:30 PM-06:30 PMNexen Activity - Field House #2
Youth Sport Programs
Big Ballers BasketballAs our players graduate from the Mini Ballers Basketball Program, there is a great opportunity to keep developing their game and get better at basketball one three pointer at a time. Big Ballers Basketball will tap into different shooting and dribbling techniques, defensive and offensive drills and of course, the game of basketball.7001726Sun from Oct 04 to Dec 06 (10 Sessions)06:45 PM-07:45 PMNexen Activity - Field House #2
Adult Squash LeagueThe Squash League has become one of our popular staples! Players will be divided into groups based on their skill level. Each player has one match every Wednesday night between 6 and 10pm.
Schedule, team assignment, and group division will be released prior to the first game night. Every registrant is required to provide their email address for scheduling purposes.7001720Wed from Sep 30 to Mar 17 (23 Sessions)06:00 PM-10:00 PMSquash 1