Swimming Lesson Guidelines
We are excited to start offering swimming lessons again to the community. The RRC has developed and implemented new risk reduction plans to allow for the safe operations of swimming lessons, in accordance with public health authorities, Canadian Red Cross, and Lifesaving Society. Here is an overview of what you can expect:
- All Preschool lessons and Swim Kids 1 to 3 are now parented.
- Parent or guardian must be 16 years of age or older and must be in the water supporting their child at all times.
- Parent or guardian must be comfortable in chest/shoulder depth water.
- All lessons will be no contact swim instruction
- Physical distancing will remain throughout the lesson as class sizes will adjusted ratios.
- Please arrive at the pool with only the parent and child registered in the program. On the lesson's registration, you will find the location on deck to meet the instructor.
- Classes are scheduled with 15 mins in between to allow physical distancing between lessons
- Limited available lockers to allow physical distancing
- The viewing area on the deck behind the glass partition will be open to watch swimming lessons as there will be no on-deck viewing allowed at this time. The capacity in the viewing area is limited and we ask that all guests keep 2 meters of physical distance at all times.
Need help deciding which program to enroll in? Use our index to find the right fit.