Sport Amenity Guidelines
CNOOC Field Houses, Squash/Racquetball Courts, Indoor Turf, Badminton Centre & Outdoor Sport Fields
The health and safety of guests and staff is our top priority. While things may look a little different upon reopening, we look forward to showing you the measures and tools we have put in place as it is everyone’s responsibility to help prevent the potential spread of COVID-19. The following protocols while using our facilities, will support all our efforts to maintain health and safety.
- Guests who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, who have been in close contact with a case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have travelled internationally in the past 14 days must stay home and isolate.
- We have implemented a number of measures to assist our guests including directional arrows, signage, and physical distancing floor markers.
- Wash and sanitize your hands before and after using any amenity.
- Follow physical distancing – stay 2 metres a part at all times including your time in the parking lot.
- Protective barriers have been installed at designated locations.
- Water fountains and vending machines will currently not be available.
- Our facilities have all undergone an intensive, deep clean prior to opening.
- We have procured a hospital grade disinfectant that will be used to clean frequent, high touch surfaces throughout our facility amenities.
- At this time, all guests will enter through the main entrance of the Suncor Community Leisure Centre and exit through the Aquatic hallway doors.
- You can access Shell Place through the pedway on the second level and down the stairwell to the right.
(For use of the elevator guests can continue across the pedway, passed the Indoor Turf and Badminton Centre and the elevator is on your right hand side)
- For all field house booking inquiries please contact Reservations at:
780.791.0070 ext. 5022 or Email
- Each rental rental will be required to have a 30-minute block at the end of the booking. This will give the extra time needed to thoroughly clean and disinfect the area to ensure the area is clean and ready for the next group to utilize.
- Rentals cannot exceed 50 persons in a cohort.
- This includes coaches, staff, instructors, and participants from multiple teams, officials, and volunteers who cannot maintain 2 metres of distance from others at all times.
- Mini leagues should remain together for the duration of the Government of Alberta’s stage 2 launch.
- Each mini league can be comprised of multiple teams to a maximum of 50 people.
- Game play between teams can resume but must be limited to teams within the same cohort/mini league.
- Once formed, new players will not be permitted into the cohort/mini league.
- We strongly encourage you to come dressed and ready for your activity. To reduce the number of touch points, change rooms and showers will remain closed except for specified “game” bookings.
- Timekeeper’s box will remain closed.
- No spectators will currently be permitted in the stands.
- We strongly encourage no sharing of equipment touched by hands (IE: sporting gloves).
- The field houses, indoor turf, and outdoor sport fields are not a staffed location within the building. We also strongly recommend that mini leagues are supervised by a responsible person whose role is oversight over the maintenance of the group and other public health guidance.
- At this time, activities are restricted to local community opportunities and should not include participants from outside of Wood Buffalo.
- All sanctioned rentals must also abide by the rules and regulations of their provincial sport governing bodies.
- Our team has adopted a “constantly clean” attitude, ensuring special attention is given to high-touch surfaces.
- To support public health contact tracing efforts, representatives for each organization/ rental must collect the names and contact information of all attendees within their cohort/mini league.
The RRC staff, will be monitoring facility usage to ensure that government guidelines and facility terms and conditions are being followed during the reserved rental period. These have been put into place for the health and safety of all guests and staff within the facility.
- The RRC reserves the right to verify participants against the cohort list at any time.
- Access to booked (drop-in) sport activities within the field houses, squash/racquetball courts, indoor turf, and badminton centre are included in your membership or day pass.
- There will be a mid-day closure of our sport and recreation amenities for deep cleaning and sanitizing of high touch surfaces.
- Members can pre-book their sport activity slot 7 days in advance online or by calling Guest Services. Guests (nonmembers) can pre-book up to 3 days in advance online or by calling Guest Services.
- Reservations are made in in one hour increments (You allowed one reservation per day per person per amenity)
- Members and guests can have a total capacity of 12 in their cohort for booked (drop in) sport activities within the field houses and indoor turf.
Wristbands MUST be worn at all times by all members in your cohort.
- If there is a requirement for a greater number to accommodate game play, it is recommended to call Reservations at 780.791.0070 ext. 5022 to rent the field house or indoor turf.
- Members and guests are restricted to 2 people per court for squash/racquetball and 4 people per court for badminton. (Due to physical distancing requirements, we currently are opening up 2 courts in the Badminton Centre)
- Schedules for booked (drop in) sport activities will be posted online or made available by calling Guest Services at 780.791.0070.
- There will be no drop in sporting equipment available at this time. Members and guests are encouraged to bring their own clean and sanitized sporting equipment.
Guidelines and terms and conditions are subject to change.
Facility Hours of Operation
7:00 am to 10:00 pm
August 1 Re-activation of MIP Memberships
- Upon closing the facilities in March, all membership types including annual, continuous, monthly and punch passes were put on hold.
- From March 14 – June 18, 2020, membership dues were not collected.
- Starting June 19, members had the option to contact us to re-activate their membership if they wished to do so.
- If members chose not to re-activate, their membership remains on hold until August 1, 2020.
- At the time of activation, memberships will be extended for the length of time that the facility was closed.
August 1: All memberships will be re-activated
August 15: Those on a payment plan will resume their billing
Members currently have the option to continue to keep their membership on hold until November 1, 2020.
If you wish to keep your membership on hold, please submit your request to Guest Services via email to [email protected]
Currently the benefits that are associated with MemberPlus+ are not available. If you choose to reactivate at this time, you will be re-activated at the regular membership rate.
If you require any additional assistance with your membership, please contact Guest Services at 790-791-0070.
We're working hard to bring back all of the programming that you love.
Syncrude MI Summer Camps will be moving forward this season at MacDonald Island Park, details and registration information will be shared on June 19.
More details coming soon!
Drop-In Programming is currently unavailable